Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Free Time

Hi again! I actually have a little time today to write because my afternoon class was cancelled. It's amazing how exciting/relieving/enjoyable it is to have any class cancelled. Even though it's only an hour or hour and a half out of your day, it is wonderful to have that time to do something different. I probably should be using this time for something more productive, but.... oh well.

Let's talk about this weather -- it's been so nice outside the past couple of days! Today I walked to class with shorts and t-shirt on and iPod in hand. It was lovely. Even though it's a good bit warmer than normal Fall weather, which is my personal favorite, I enjoyed it.

Let's also talk about countdowns. . .

In 6 days, I will be in Atlanta with Dave Matthews along with AK, Jacob, and Jackson. I am so incredibly excited. I've wanted to go to one of his concerts for forever and am pumped about this little trip.

In 39 days it will be my 20th birthday. That number seems so strange to me. I will no longer be a teenager! Crazy/scary.

In 45 days is Christmas! My favorite holiday by far. There are already many Christmas decorations up in college world since we get out of school a while before Christmas. We are decorating our apartment soon, including a live tree, baking cookies, apple cider, Christmas music, etc. I'm excited.


On another note, as I was walking to class today passing both people I know and don't know, I realized how great it is when you pass strangers smiling at you. Most people that we pass are either looking down at the ground or their phones or just not at you, but how great is it when a person makes a point to look at you and smile. Maybe it's just me, but it always makes my day. I hope to be that for someone every day. If I could help make at least one person's day a little better, that would be so great to me.


Shine your Light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...

--Anna