Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Deeply Blessed: Day 1

In lieu of Thanksgiving week and the fact that I tend to be unacceptably inappreciative, I decided that I would post this week about a different thing I am thankful for each day. Even though this post says it is for Tuesday, I am meaning for it to be my Monday post, by the way. They aren't in any certain order but only what I feel like writing about each day.

So for today, I am thankful for..... the fact that I am not in need.

There are a huge amount of things that I take for granted every day. My home (both in Tupelo and Starkville), my comfy bed, food, drinks, clothes, a nice car, shoes, running water. The list could go on and on. While some of these things are objects and possessions that most have, some people do not have even the simplest of these, and that is difficult for me to comprehend. At times, but not often enough, I am conscious of the fact that I am beyond blessed to even have a healthy home to live in and reliable car to drive. It's these times when I try to remember to praise the Lord for these things and for all the blessings he grants to me daily, but unfortunately this does not occur enough. I am selfish. Thank goodness for God's grace because without it, He sees that I am filthy, unloving, and only conscious of my own state. But He is the only one who can change my heart and my attitude, and that is my desire. I desire to live a life of gratitude because I am more fortunate than I will probably ever realize.

All that to say, I am and want to be more thankful for the things I call necessities that others less fortunate may not have. My prayer is for a change of heart from the only One who truly knows my heart.

--Anna