Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Deeply Blessed: Day 2

For today, I am thankful for.... my family. I am someone who has been blessed beyond belief with a wonderful family. They have been amazing role models, comforters, providers, encouragers, excitement, embarassment (ha!). I have never known anything but unconditional love from these people in my life, and for that I am more than grateful. I have a pretty small immediate family with only one older sister, but I don't know what I would do without them.

My parents are two people who I look up to and love more than anyone else. They are both excellent examples of the Lord. I know I am incredibly fortunate to have come into a home of believers. It greatly encouraged my own belief in the Lord and also allowed a secure and stable environment to grow up in.
My mom is a woman of love and care. She is someone I look up to very much because of the compassion she shows for others. She is trustworthy, kind, and funny. I love and admire her so much.
My dad is also a man full of love. He is probably one of the most loving people I know. I can't remember a day that has gone by that he hasn't shown his love for me. I am so incredibly grateful for him and for the way he provides for me and my family and continually spreads his love over us (and all of my friends he considers his own!).
My sister, Lori, has also been someone very important to me. She has always been my role model, and I've always wanted to be exactly like her. Since she's almost twelve years older than me, I was the only one at home for the most part, and the age difference caused problems for getting to really grow up together under the same roof. Nevertheless, I have always looked up to and admired her. This past summer was also a blessing for me because I got to live with her and spend a lot of needed time with her. Lori is a talented, creative, intelligent, and fun person. Her faith in the Lord shines through every day, and she has such a kind heart. I have learned so much from her and am so so thankful for the person she is for me. Lori is also married to George, who is an incredible person as well. He was my boss this summer and is so much fun to be around. He's a wonderful husband and dad, too!
And now for my incredibly adorable nearly three-year old niece, Meg. What a fun and precious blessing she is for my family. Her huge blue eyes, big pouty lips, blonde hair, and sassy attitude are to die for. Although I may be a little biased, she's the cutest kid I've ever seen. Even though she can at times be a tad defiant and cheeky, I know she has a little heart of gold. I am so thankful for the amusement and life she provides for me and my family and can't seem to get enough of her. I pray that she will always know the joy she brings in my life!
How could you resist this face?
What a gem.

I am also fortunate to have extraordinary grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I never have to question whether or not I am loved by my family because it is impossible to miss. So this post doesn't even do my family justice but gives a little clip of how great they are.

Love, Anna