Thursday, November 25, 2010

Deeply Blessed: Day 3

Today, Thanksgiving Day at that, I am thankful for... my friends.

I don't even really know where to begin when talking about my friends. The friendships I have are something that I treasure most. The Lord has placed wonderful people in my life for as long as I can remember. I had great friends when I was younger and even more so now that I'm in college. They are the people that I am with most often and the people that probably know me best and usually more than I know myself. That is a really cliche thing to say but is so true. They bring me laughter, joy, strength, encouragement, criticism, excitement, relief, familiarity. If it wasn't for them, I really would not be the person I am now. God placed them in my life for a special reason, and for that I am extremely grateful.

I don't have time to go into detail about every one of my friends so just know that these are small clips of who they are to me.

For starters, there's Mary Claire. Ever since the eighth grade, Mary Claire has been by my side. She is beautiful, smart, loving, loud, talkative, outgoing, hard-working, and most importantly, not afraid to be herself. I have always looked up to her and have been through so much with her. We survived the awkwardness and chaos of high school together, and even though we are separated in different colleges now, still manage to pick up where we left off when we're reunited. I miss her more than I can say.

These beautiful people are my current roommates. From left, Tori, Anna Kathryn, me, and Cyndy. I have been so blessed by these three girls and don't know what I would do without them this year. Tori and I were roommates last year and had the best roommate situation I could ever ask for. She is so great. Her joy and excitement are contagious, and she is such a loving and sacrificing person. Cyndy is one of the sweetest people I know. I literally think she would do anything for anyone no matter what. The Lord shines through her so obviously and clearly, and her friendship is one I am extremely thankful for. I couldn't ask for more from them. AK is also someone I treasure very much. She is the person I can always count on to talk to and know that she will understand. She has been such a huge blessing in my life, and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. We balance each other out and have had so many similar experiences that it's weird. I am beyond grateful for these girls.
Charlotte is another person who has been one of my best friends in college. She is kind, fun, and always quick to listen. I am so thankful for the person and friend that she is and that she'll most likely be my roommate next year :). Brittany is someone I admire for her wisdom, beauty, strength, and discipline. Her love for the Lord radiates through her in everything she does. She encourages me and helps me to grow with grace and love. I cannot express how thankful I am that the Lord placed her in my life.
Katherine is another friend I am glad to have in my life. She is loving, joyful, gorgeous inside and out, and encouraging. I am so glad that I have become close to her just recently and that she has allowed me to become one of her good friends. I so look forward to getting to know her even better and to finding out many more wonderful things about her.

Needless to say, I am one lucky girl. I am beyond thankful for each of these people in my life and wish I could give them the credit they deserve. There are also many, many others that I could talk about as well, but it would take me way too long.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 

Love, Anna