Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The truth of Christ

Right now I am completely overwhelmed with a certain organization and a girl led to start it all. Somehow a few weeks ago as I was blog searching/stalking I came across this blog about a girl who had left her Brentwood, TN home to move to Africa after her high school graduation and ended up staying and creating an organization for orphaned children there called Amazima (means "the truth of Christ"). I really encourage you to go to her blog and read the countless stories that brought tears to my eyes. It truly blows me away the way the Lord works and the courageous, passionate people he sends to these places engulfed in hurt, loss, danger, sadness, hopelessness, and hunger.
She ended up adopting fourteen girls as her own, and it is remarkable to read about their lives each day. The stories are mostly devastating but also rejuvenating to be reminded of the fact that God is alive and well and performing miracles every day. I am so stirred by this ministry and feel as if I need to do something but not exactly sure what that is. For now I will just pray for this ministry and this family that has touched and broken my heart and for all the others they are helping and coming into contact with daily.

What a beautiful reminder of the relentless God who loves me despite all the evil in my heart and of the many, many blessings I have been given of which I must ask, Why me? Who am I to live so comfortably with all I could ask for when children are starving and dying everyday? It makes my heart ache.

Please check them out and pray for these precious people miles and miles away from our cozy homes.

Love, Anna