Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry merry, all you special people.

It seems strange that Christmas is already here and even more so that 2010 is soon to be ending. It has been a year of joy, change, growth, learning, loss, and blessings. The Lord has worked more in my life this past year than I've ever allowed him to and for that I am happy.

As most of us do, I have once again allowed myself to get caught up in the hustle and bustle/gift-giving/shopping/enjoyment of Christmas rather than truly focusing my attention on the gift of Christ that this season celebrates. He is the single most important element of the Christmas season, and I am so grateful for His unending love and grace.

I did get the chance to support a Salvation Army Angel Tree child again this year, which always proves to be a blessing for me. I am grateful for the chance to help a family give their little one an exciting Christmas morning like the ones I have had for the past 20 years. Oh and yes, I said twenty years. I am still a little surprised each time I say that I'm twenty now. I'm no longer a teenager, and it's a bit strange. Anyways...

Sending my love to you all on this Christmas Day along with the challenge of enjoying the greatness of the Lord even more than the greatness of presents. Also, be thankful for the things you have and remember those who are less fortunate or hurting this season. My prayer is for a change of heart and attitude about this wonderful time of year.


"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
Luke 2: 10

"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."
Luke 2: 14